SARDeburst - SAR Deburst¶
This application performs deburst of Sentinel1 IW SLC images by removing redundant lines.
Sentinel1 IW SLC products are composed of several burst overlapping in azimuth time for each subswath, separated by black lines . The deburst operation consist in generating a continuous image in terms of azimuth time, by removing black separation lines as well as redundant lines between bursts.
Note that the output sensor model is updated accordingly. This deburst operation is the perfect preprocessing step to orthorectify S1 IW SLC product with OTB  without suffering from artifacts caused by bursts separation.
This section describes in details the parameters available for this application. Table  presents a summary of these parameters and the parameters keys to be used in command-line and programming languages. Application key is SARDeburst .
|||Table: Parameters table for SAR Deburst.|
|Parameter Key||Parameter Name||Parameter Type|
|in||Input Sentinel1 IW SLC Image||Input image|
|out||Output Image||Output image|
|ram||Available RAM (Mb)||Int|
|inxml||Load otb application from xml file||XML input parameters file|
|outxml||Save otb application to xml file||XML output parameters file|
- Input Sentinel1 IW SLC Image: Raw Sentinel1 IW SLC image, or any extract of such made by OTB (geom file needed).
- Output Image: Deburst image, with updated geom file that can be further used by Orthorectification application. If the input image is a raw Sentinel1 product, uint16 output type should be used (encoding of S1 product). Otherwise, output type should match type of input image.
- Available RAM (Mb): Available memory for processing (in MB).
- Load otb application from xml file: Load otb application from xml file.
- Save otb application to xml file: Save otb application to xml file.
To run this example in command-line, use the following:
otbcli_SARDeburst -in s1_iw_slc.tif -out s1_iw_slc_deburst.tif
To run this example from Python, use the following code snippet:
#!/usr/bin/python # Import the otb applications package import otbApplication # The following line creates an instance of the SARDeburst application SARDeburst = otbApplication.Registry.CreateApplication("SARDeburst") # The following lines set all the application parameters: SARDeburst.SetParameterString("in", "s1_iw_slc.tif") SARDeburst.SetParameterString("out", "s1_iw_slc_deburst.tif") # The following line execute the application SARDeburst.ExecuteAndWriteOutput()
Only Sentinel1 IW SLC products are supported for now. Processing of other Sentinel1 modes or TerrasarX images will result in no changes in the image and metadata. Images from other sensors will lead to an error.
- These additional resources can be useful for further information:
-  Sentinel1 User Handbook, p. 52: https://sentinel.esa.int/documents/247904/685163/Sentinel-1_User_Handbook OrthoRectification application