We are happy to announce a new OTB release. This is version 3.2, code name 62°38′35″S 60°14′31″W. Simultaneously, we are releasing the first stable version of Monteverdi, the all-in one user-friendly graphical tool for remote sensing image processing.
This Monteverdi version includes modules for image ortho-rectification, registration, radiometric calibration, supervised and unsupervised classification, segmentation, filtering, feature extraction and change detection.
These are the new main add-ons to the library:
- Support for TerraSarX, Quickbird and Spot5 radiometric calibration
- Support for Aeronet files
- Various filters for Object Based Image Analysis based on LabelObjectMaps
- Support for RPC sensor model estimation from a set of Ground Control Points
- Support for SVM cross-validation and parameters optimization
- Box and Whisker filter to detect outliers on VectorImages
- Enhanced SOM algorithm taking into account invalid or missing values
- Experimental Wavelet transform classes
- Filters for GIS database interaction (postgis database)
- Support for a variety of vector file formats (based on GDAL/OGR)
- Use of a configuration file to change some parameters without recompiling
- Experimental support for internationalization
Monteverdi can be considered ad the successor of the OTB-Applications package, but since some of the legacy applications are not yet integrated in Monteverdi, we are also shipping a 3.2 version of the applications. For MS-Windows users (XP/Vista/Seven) there are binary auto-install packages for both Monteverdi and OTB-Applications.
The OTB Software Guide has also been updated and is now 704 pages long.