Orfeo ToolBox (OTB) is an open-source project for state-of-the-art remote sensing. Built on the shoulders of the open-source geospatial community, it can process high resolution optical, multispectral and radar images at the terabyte scale. A wide variety of applications are available: from ortho-rectification or pansharpening, all the way to classification, SAR processing, and much more!
All of OTB’s algorithms are accessible from Monteverdi, QGIS, Python, the command line or C++. Monteverdi is an easy to use visualization tool with an emphasis on hardware accelerated rendering for high resolution imagery (optical and SAR). With it, end-users can visualize huge raw imagery products and access all of the applications in the toolbox. From resource limited laptops to high performance MPI clusters, OTB is available on Linux, macOS and Windows. It is community driven, extensible and heavily documented. Orfeo ToolBox is not a black box!
- The road to OTB 7- The lastest OTB release, version 6.6.1, was released more than six months ago! We usually aim for a release every 3 months, so what happened? Let’s take a look. OTB is a large project with many components, modules and dependencies. After more than 10 years of development, we have accumulated a lot of technical debt: […]
- OTB Users Day 2018 – Recap- The OTB team is proud to have hosted the fourth edition of OTB User Days! Thank you to everyone who attended, what a successful workshop! This yearly in-person meeting of the OTB community is open to everyone. This year we were hosted by Agropolis in Montepellier, France. About 70 people attended from many different countries! […]
- A remote module for Deep learning- Deep learning has proven to be an extremely powerful tool in many fields, and particularly in image processing: these approaches are currently subject of great interest in the Computer Vision community. However, while a number of typical CV problems can be directly transposed in Remote Sensing (Semantic labeling, Classification problems, …), some intrinsic properties of […]
- OTB at FOSS4G Europe 2018- Hi all, I will be at FOSS4G Europe in Guimaraes, with a “What’s new” talk on Tuesday 16th at 15:35, and a workshop to learn how to use OTB from python on Friday 20th at 9:30 (I think there are still seats available for the workshop). I would be delighted to meet you there! See […]
- Orfeo ToolBox 6.6 is out!- We are pleased to announce that Orfeo ToolBox 6.6.0 is out ! As usual, ready-to-use binary packages are available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X : OTB 6.6 You can also checkout the source directly with git: git clone https://gitlab.orfeo-toolbox.org/orfeotoolbox/otb.git OTB -b release-6.6 We welcome your feedback and requests, and encourage you to join […]