Orfeo ToolBox (OTB) is an open-source project for state-of-the-art remote sensing. Built on the shoulders of the open-source geospatial community, it can process high resolution optical, multispectral and radar images at the terabyte scale. A wide variety of applications are available: from ortho-rectification or pansharpening, all the way to classification, SAR processing, and much more!
All of OTB’s algorithms are accessible from Monteverdi, QGIS, Python, the command line or C++. Monteverdi is an easy to use visualization tool with an emphasis on hardware accelerated rendering for high resolution imagery (optical and SAR). With it, end-users can visualize huge raw imagery products and access all of the applications in the toolbox. From resource limited laptops to high performance MPI clusters, OTB is available on Windows, Linux and Mac. It is community driven, extensible and heavily documented. Orfeo ToolBox is not a black box!
- OTB User days 2017: Save the date! - We are happy to announce that the third OTB users days will be held in Toulouse, June 7-9 2017. The event will most likely take place in a new place HarryCow, easily reachable through public transportation. We will try to set up a web conference (at least for some parts of the event) for those […]
- Orfeo ToolBox minor release 5.10.1 - We are pleased to announce a minor release 5.10.1 ! This release contains several patches to fix a few bugs. It is also the occasion to upgrade the GDAL version used in our binary packages: GDAL version 2.1.3, compatible with the new Sentinel 2 product format. Release notes Packaging : Upgrade to GDAL 2.1.3, compatible […]
- Orfeo ToolBox 5.10 is out! - We are very happy to announce the new release of Orfeo ToolBox 5.10, codename Valentine! Besides 29 bugs fixed, we are introducing some exciting new features: On the fly color mapping in Monteverdi with GLSL shaders One of Orfeo ToolBox flagship application is Monteverdi, a hardware accelerated satellite image viewer that works with multiple geometries […]
- Orfeo ToolBox 5.8 is released! - We are very happy to announce the new release of Orfeo ToolBox 5.8 codename Sphenomorphinae with a lot of new exciting features! Some of the new additions: Monteverdi sources have been moved inside OTB repository and Monteverdi is now included as an OTB module. Connect applications in memory is now available, which allows to write a […]
- OTB in QGIS: a brief report of FOSS4G 2016 codesprint - Last week, I had the chance to attend to the FOSS4G 2016 conference in Bonn and I participated with Rashad from the OTB team to the first code sprint of the conference which was located in the BaseCamp where quite a few of us were lucky enough to stay during the conference. The place is […]