Orfeo ToolBox (OTB) is an open-source project for state-of-the-art remote sensing. Built on the shoulders of the open-source geospatial community, it can process high resolution optical, multispectral and radar images at the terabyte scale. A wide variety of applications are available: from ortho-rectification or pansharpening, all the way to classification, SAR processing, and much more!
All of OTB’s algorithms are accessible from Monteverdi, QGIS, Python, the command line or C++. Monteverdi is an easy to use visualization tool with an emphasis on hardware accelerated rendering for high resolution imagery (optical and SAR). With it, end-users can visualize huge raw imagery products and access all of the applications in the toolbox. From resource limited laptops to high performance MPI clusters, OTB is available on Windows, Linux and Mac. It is community driven, extensible and heavily documented. Orfeo ToolBox is not a black box!
- Orfeo ToolBox 5.10 is out! - We are very happy to announce the new release of Orfeo ToolBox 5.10, codename Valentine! Besides 29 bugs fixed, we are introducing some exciting new features: On the fly color mapping in Monteverdi with GLSL shaders One of Orfeo ToolBox flagship application is Monteverdi, a hardware accelerated satellite image viewer that works with multiple geometries […]
- Orfeo ToolBox 5.8 is released! - We are very happy to announce the new release of Orfeo ToolBox 5.8 codename Sphenomorphinae with a lot of new exciting features! Some of the new additions: Monteverdi sources have been moved inside OTB repository and Monteverdi is now included as an OTB module. Connect applications in memory is now available, which allows to write a […]
- OTB in QGIS: a brief report of FOSS4G 2016 codesprint - Last week, I had the chance to attend to the FOSS4G 2016 conference in Bonn and I participated with Rashad from the OTB team to the first code sprint of the conference which was located in the BaseCamp where quite a few of us were lucky enough to stay during the conference. The place is […]
- OTB 5.6 is out! - Dear all, We are very happy to announce the new release of Orfeo ToolBox 5.6 and Monteverdi 3.4 codename Scincinae with a lot of exciting new features! On the OTB side, one can find in particular: MPI bridge to use OTB on HPC New sampling framework for machine learning with new filters and applications Support […]
- OTB User Days Recap: Hackfest (3/3) - This post is part 3 in a three part recap of OTB User Days 2016.The third and last day was perhaps the best! Hackfest is the perfect setup for a full day of productive development with coordinated work between developers and users. Some topics we worked on are: Prototyping SAR visualization in Monteverdi (RFC-39) Migrating […]