In this series of three blog posts we will be looking back at last week’s User Days, a major event in the OTB community. The first day was dedicated to the so called “Plenary Session”.
- What’s new in OTB?
- One year of open governance for OTB: thoughts and context
- What is new in Monteverdi
- The state of OTB binary packages and XDK
- Code provenance review, license and incubation
The first part of the afternoon was reserved for users feedback. OTB users from various organization talked about why and how they use OTB, or plan to use OTB. It was a great kickstarter for discussion later on with the development team. Thank you to them for presenting and for making their slides available:
- Big Data Solutions for EO pursued at JRC – P. Kempeneers & D. De Marchi (JRC)
- OTB for BIOMASS – T. Koleck (CNES)
- Using OTB for processing UAS imagery – A. Lobo (CSIC)
- Geosigweb – C. Bisso (Geosigweb)
Finally came “tech talks”: the development team took the stage again to talk about select ongoing work: