The Orfeo Toolbox team is happy to announce the release of OTB 5.2.1 and Monteverdi 3.0.1. This is a minor release, containing only bug fixes and corrections:
- Mantis-1124: Fix the use of Update_command and reorder the patch commands properly
- Fix some Coverity reports
- Update OSSIM to latest stable and improve version checking during CMake configuration
- Mantis-1096: QuicklookView
- Mantis-1125: Use OTB_APPLICATION_PATH in startup files
- Apply spelling patch from DebianGIS
- Find only required itk components. Patch proposed by Debian.
- Fix mxe gcc dir and list of system dlls exceptions
This release also marks the notable Project Steering Committee decision to switch to a regular release schedule. This means that OTB releases will now happen more regularly and more often (every 3 months) and unfinished features will not postpone a release. To support regular releases, we updated our git workflow and packaging strategies to enable a faster and easier release process.
Source and some binary packages can be downloaded from Orfeo ToolBox website or directly from the git repository. Packages for other distributions (Linux distributions, macports, osgeo4w) are in preparation and summarized and regularly updated on this wiki page.
Congratulations and well done to everyone who contributed to this release.
OTB Dev Team