We are very happy to announce the new release of Orfeo ToolBox 5.4 and Monteverdi 3.2, codename Lygosominae. With PSC decision to shorten release cycles, it has only been 4 months since last release, but Orfeo ToolBox already has a lot of exciting new stuff!
On the OTB side, one can find :
- A faster resampling filter (which should be noticeable for Pléiades pan-sharpening for instance),
- More SAR polarimetric decompositions (Barnes, Huynen, Pauli),
- The first filters of the new sample selection framework for classification (read more bellow),
- A clearer behavior with respect to embedded RPC tags in Tiff images,
- External modules can now be built outside of OTB source tree.
On the Monteverdi side, here is what is new:
- A dialog box to select subdatasets during import (for instance hdf5 or Sentinel2 datasets),
- A dialog box allowing to generate overviews at import, which in turn enables faster navigation,
- New ability to take screenshots of current view (including effects).
We also fixed no less than 47 bugs, which is quite a record with respect to recent releases.
Source and binary packages can be downloaded from Orfeo ToolBox website or directly from the git repository. During last PSC meeting, we decided to have a standalone binary packages strategy at release time, which means that standalone packages for Mac, Windows and Linux are available for download. Distribution packages will be updated afterward, depending on each distribution package update strategy.
Last but not least, events related to OTB in the next weeks:
- OTB will be presented at FOSS4G-FR this week
- OTB Users Days in Toulouse in June (2016-06-07 to 2016-06-09). Hope to see you there!
- Summer School « Satellite Image Processing with Open Source Software » in July 2016 (2016-07-04 to 2016-07-08) in Marne-La-Vallée
- OTB will be also at FOSS4G in Bonn in August!
Cheers to everyone who contributed to this release.
OTB Dev Team