We are happy to announce the release of OTB 2.8, code name “恭喜发财” (Gong Xi Fa Cai).
The main additions to this version are both on the library and the applications.
End users will be happy to find 3 very useful new applications:
1. Object Counting
2. Fine Registration
3. Road Extraction
A very user-friendly installer for the whole set of applications is provided for Windows users.
Library users will be interested about:
1. A new implementation (faster, more robust) of the SIFT algorithm
2. The Speed-Up Robust Features (SURF) kindly contributed by Communications & Systèmes
3. The Mean Shift filtering and clustering algorithm
4. The out-of-the-box support for KML and OpenStreetMaps
5. Support for lidar data using libLAS
As usual, you can go to OTB’s main site and follow the download link or get directly to Sourceforge and get the packages there. Full source code, Software Guide and windows binaries are available.