We are happy to announce the release of OTB 2.8, code name “恭喜发财” (Gong Xi Fa Cai).
The main additions to this version are both on the library and the applications.
A very user-friendly installer for the whole set of applications is provided for Windows users.
Library users will be interested about:
1. A new implementation (faster, more robust) of the SIFT algorithm
2. The Speed-Up Robust Features (SURF) kindly contributed by Communications & Systèmes
3. The Mean Shift filtering and clustering algorithm
4. The out-of-the-box support for KML and OpenStreetMaps
5. Support for lidar data using libLAS