We are very happy to announce the new release of Orfeo ToolBox 5.6 and Monteverdi 3.4 codename Scincinae with a lot of exciting new features!
On the OTB side, one can find in particular:
- MPI bridge to use OTB on HPC
- New sampling framework for machine learning with new filters and applications
- Support for geometric ortho-rectification to SAR Sensor for Sentinel-1
The complete list of RFC merged in release 5.6:
- Request for Changes-26: MPI Image File Writer
- Request for Changes-36: Samples selection filter
- Request for Changes-37: Enhance ManageNodata application
- Request for Changes-38: update gdal to 2.x version in superbuild
- Request for Changes-41: Provide a summary after cmake configuration
- Request for Changes-40: clang modernize
- Request for Changes-42: Generator for completion scripts
- Request for Changes-43: Update SuperBuild cmake script and thirdparty versions
- Request for Changes-45: CMake uninstall target
- Request for Changes-46: Sample extractor
- Request for Changes-47: Improve the CompareImages app
- Request for Changes-48: Add geometric correction to S1 Sensor Model
- Request for Changes-49: Improve classification on vectors
On the Monteverdi side, here is what is new:
Source and binary packages can be downloaded from Orfeo ToolBox website or directly from the git repository. Standalone binary packages for Mac, Windows and Linux are right now available for download.
Cheers to everyone who contributed to this release. Hope to see you at FOSS4G in Bonn at the end of August!
OTB Dev Team